Under the direct supervision of the Country Production Manager, offer technical support to growers to ensure seed production (from transplanting to seed extraction) according to targets of quality, quantity, timelines, and costs for farm-allocated crops and to record all out-grower production data.
- Organize the Out – Grower network activity follow-up visits.
- Maintain and ensure that the Out – Grower network production activities are at a good technical level.
- Ensure timely updating of the Master File data and present both weekly & monthly reports.
- Be an agronomist with green fingers.
- Organize and schedule grower’s plant deliveries.
- Provide timely technical production advice to the growers on fertilizer and pesticide.
- Ensure crop follow-up for each grower on a regular basis.
- Ensure regular controls and follow up during pollination and harvesting to avoid the presence of inbred and to guarantee rigorous process and labeling.
- Ensure regular control and follow up during the crop cycle to guarantee germination.
- Create and regularly update the operation protocols.
- Visit Out-growers and ensure timely reporting on the crop status.
- Coordinating the production plan: transplanting activity of all males and female plants
- Maintain complete and exhaustive reporting to the Production Manager and SSM (Hazera & Vilmorin)
- Respect the Company’s code of conduct and other policies.
- Ensure Weekly & Monthly out-grower progress report.
- Follow all safety protocols as per the company safety policy.
- Holder of degree in Horticulture/Agricultural.
- 4 to 5 years of experience in similar position, seed production, fresh vegetable / flower production
- Holder of a valid Driver’s license with good experience driving on Kenyan roads.
- Fluent in both English and Swahili.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office, user level.
- Good report writing and effective communication skills.
- Adequate organization & planning skills.
- Ability to work in a team: To be an active member of a working group with a positive attitude, good ease of communication and actively participate in the search for solutions.
- Act with leadership, being proactive in providing timely and constructive feedback and providing global overview.
- Ability to self-criticism and self-analysis: Recognize successes and errors, being transparent when communicating the latter to their superior. Actively collaborate in the solution of them and avoid their repetition.
- Stress tolerance: Maintain self-control in the face of pressure of multiple goals and deadlines and demonstrate a great emotional balance.
- Flexibility and adaptability: Be able to modify your own behavior and stay effective within a changing environment.
- Punctuality and responsibility
- Able to work in isolated area.
Only candidate who follow these guidelines will be considered:
- CVs and Cover Letters should be submitted in one document. If you submit 2 separate files you’re application will not be processed.
- Preferred formats are Microsoft word (.docx, .doc) or PDF.
- Candidates should save their files like this: Lastname_JobPosition_CurrentYear. For example. if you’re name is David Wekesa and you’re applying to be a freight forwarder. You should save your Application as: Wekesa_FreightForwarder_2023.